Tuesday, November 5, 2013

....the day Nixon asked to leave BeBe at home has arrived. My baby boy is growing up, for real!



* Some days I'm almost grateful Nixon is acting a fool in public. Today was one of those days. We're standing in the check out line, and Nixon is upset because he didn't get to go to the toy department. While he's starting to freak out, the woman in line behind us starts going on-and-on-and-on about shopping for toys for her grandson! Really, lady?!? I'm trying to avoid that "t" word and you keep bringing it up. Instead, I try to be courteous and ask how old her grandson is. I'm not sure how old she thought Nixon was, but her grandson is 8! Now, Nixon is tall, but c'mon!
  Eventually, Mac told me to just take Nixon to the car. I did. I picked him up and carried him to the car. Poor Mac, the lady was still talking after we left.

* Sometimes Nixon's cute hits an overload.
   Last night, at Third Eye Comics, Nixon and I were walking around one part of the store and Mac was in a different area. Nixon stopped at the front counter and says to the guys who work there "Excuse me...have you seen my Dad?", just as cute as could be. He knew I was right behind him but he was still concerned about finding Mac.
  I fall in love with him a little more every day...last night this was the moment.

* Nixon and I had to run to Target today, while Mac slept. Before we left Nixon told me "Momma, BeBe needs to take a nap. Can you put him in bed before we go in the car?". I obliged, tucking BeBe into Nixon's bed and we left.
   The amazing part isn't that Nixon wanted BeBe to be tucked in for a nap. It's that we left the house, without a fight, without BeBe. Nixon has had BeBe in hand almost his entire life, so him asking to leave him home is a big step. It's one I knew had to come eventually, but it kind of surprised me too.

No trick camera angle needed, this kid is all legs
* Before bed, Nixon decided to watch the end credits of Wreck-It Ralph. He loves that song and he was dancing to it. Let me tell you, watching an almost-5-year old figuring out how to do the running man all by himself is something to behold! He was doing really good too! I wanted to get a video of him doing it but he said he's not ready for it.
   I can respect that. He'll be working on it, I'm positive

No comments:

Post a Comment