Thursday, May 23, 2013

He's thrifty...I like it!


* Nixon and I left early this morning, so early I didn't have time to make coffee. Well, not entirely true. I could have made coffee, but we were meeting someone to buy something so I needed to break a $20 and figured the local coffee shop was as good as place as any to do so.
   I bought myself a medium brewed coffee (nothing fancy for me these days) and Nixon a juice. The change I got I gave to Nixon. When we came home he rushed over to our change bank and put all 91 cents into the bank. I only gave him 90 cents so I'm puzzled where the extra penny came from. When he was done he told me "Mommy, I'm making us rich!"

* Tonight, I asked Nixon twice to pick up his toys before bed. After I asked him the second time, this little punk I birthed and have loved from the moment I knew he was growing inside of me, looked up at me says "I'll get to it" deadpan.
   I guess this is what happens when he listens to Mac and I "argue" all the time. Damn our dry wit and deadpan sarcasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment