Thursday, February 7, 2013

Beautiful, bittersweet bedtime



* Mac and I were snuggled on the sofa together when Nixon came over and sniffed Mac. He says "Pee-you, you smell stinky!" than laughs and runs away. I tell Mac, "He wasn't talking to me" and Mac says "Our kid's kind of a dick."
Maybe, but if you stink then you stink..Nixon might just be a little too blunt and honest.

* Nixon wanted to make a video for one of his cousin's, who was celebrating her first birthday today. He did and it was adorable! I love this singing phase he's suddenly in!

* Nixon wanted me to read him a new story tonight. So I started reading his first ever chapter book The Case of the Elevator and the Duck. I was going to stop after 3 chapters, but Nixon asked me to keep reading. So I kept reading until I noticed Nixon had fallen asleep. I can't ever remember my parents reading to me, let alone me falling asleep to the sound of their voice while they read to me, so this was especially bittersweet to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment