Thursday, June 6, 2013

Nixon explains my voice loss....and it's hilarious!


* I admit defeat today. Day 2 without a voice. Nixon and I were not dealing with it well at all. I'm frustrated because I want to play with my baby boy, and make him laugh, but I'm unable to. He's pissed off because he feels like I'm ignoring him even when I'm looking right at him!

* He woke up at 630am today. That's never an okay wake-up time. I sent him back to his room, because I had been awake until after 330am with insomnia (because losing my voice isn't enough, my body has to make it impossible for me to fall asleep too), and he was okay with that, eventually coming back in and watching cartoons in our bed until 930am when I got out of bed...and realized I still had no voice.

* Nixon has a theory on my loss of voice. He says an ant crawled up my leg, into my mouth and stole my voice because they thought it was food. The other one I heard was, I broke my throat bone and hurt my voice. I don't know which one is funnier but they both are pretty damned original explanations for what I'm dealing with.
   Sadly, Nixon also thinks I'm mean because I am unable to sing him his bedtime songs. Although he did sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to me, but not at bedtime. He sang it to me after dinner, but it's the thought that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment