Thursday, August 8, 2013

I feel like this post is just the beginning of the apologies I will be making to Nixon future teachers....is there a template I can find, maybe a mad-lib would be best?!? This is going to be great, right??


* I called this morning and found out Nixon has a spot in the pre-K class we signed him up for last month!! He'll be going 3 days a week, 3 hours each day starting September 4th.
   Let me just say: for a kid who has been begging to go to school for over 6 months now, when I told him he will be going to school in a few weeks, even going so far as to show him the first day of school as I wrote it on the calendar, he was far from impressed. In fact, he was pissed off! Why? He was pissed that he had to wait until we got back from NY and then another week.
   He even tried telling me "But mom, we already went to New York, don't you 'member? We put all the x's on the days and we're home now. Now I can go to school!"
   I believe I will be apologizing a lot to his teacher for his creative logic....like, a whole lot.

* I painted my toe nails this morning. Nixon asked for his to be painted as well. He chose the very neon green/yellow color I have. But hey, he sits still for 20 minutes, so I see it as a win.

* Have you met "mini-Mac"? Mini-Mac is Nixon, when he is in full-on mimic daddy mode. He repeats almost any and everything Mac says, good or bad. But he doesn't just repeat the words, he copies the tone and voice inflection. He is getting spot-on dry sarcasm from this.
   Again....I apologize to his teacher for producing quite possibly the most dry-witted, sarcastic 4.5-year old she has had the pleasure of teaching. Thank gods this school has a heavy emphasis on creativity, Nixon surely has a ton of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment