Sunday, April 28, 2013

He's such a sweetheart



* Migraines are pure hell. I woke up this morning with one sneaking up on me. Mac asked me if I wanted to sleep a little more and I gratefully accepted the offer.
  Nixon came up to check on me about 15 minutes later. He asked me what was wrong and I told him my head hurt. He crawled into bed with me and told me to cuddle with him because "snuggles always make my owies feel better". We laid in my bed, snuggled with the blankets over my head, for a few minutes and the entire time Nixon whispered softly to me because he knew speaking loudly hurt my head. At one point, Nixon leaned down and whispered "mommy, does your head feel better? I think it should feel better now".

* Nixon saw the countdown board I have set up for him, that shows how many days until his Nana comes to visit. He counted how many days left and got super excited. I ran to the grocery store for dinner and when I came home Nixon ran to the door and said "Mommy, did you bring home Nana?". I explained we had 4 more days before Nana arrived and he walked away and plopped on the sofa, groaning "on man, that's too long away!"

No comments:

Post a Comment