Sunday, September 8, 2013

He knows coffee of any type will make me feel better and after he had a night terror, there won't be photos in tonight's post.


* Mac, the best husband ever!!, brought home a bottle of Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccino for me this morning. Nixon takes it out of the fridge and brings it over to me "Here, Mommy, you look like you need this". I ask him if I look that bad and he says "Well.....yeah." then giggles and hands me the bottle.

* Just when I thought today was completely done and there was nothing else to include in tonight's post: Nixon woke up in a crying panic and Mac & I raced up to his bedroom to find out what happened. Are you sick? Did you fall out of bed? Did you have a nightmare? *he sounds like he's going to barf* Take him to the bathroom. Give him some water! I don't have any water here, take him INTO the bathroom! All while Nixon is still crying and not making any sense.
    Mac takes him into the bathroom while I turn on the light in Nixon's room and check to see if he had gotten sick in bed. He didn't, so I went into the bathroom to check on the boys. We still don't know exactly what happened but Nixon wants to be held by me.
    I decide to do what we've done since Nixon was a little, little guy and had night terrors...we took him outside for a little fresh air. We took him out there and let him calm down. Then he asked to go back "in there", which meant in the house. Back up to bed he went and after a few minutes of snuggles with me, a few songs and my usual nightmare/ bad dreams talk he was ready to go back to sleep.

I apologize for not having a photo with tonight's post. I promised Nixon no photos tonight because Nixon tends to sleep extra lightly after a nightmare/night terror episode like this one. If the flash woke him up he'd have another fit, and because tomorrow is a school day I'd rather he gets sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment