Monday, September 16, 2013

This time the latest national tragedy hits close to home, while everyone I know is safe, the stress is frightening. My heart is with the DC Navy Yard tonight.


* Nixon had a great day at school! He gave his teacher a hug before he left and she said today was his best day yet! There were 3 happy people leaving that class today (Mac, Nixon and myself), which was awesome!

* The rest of the day was spent with the shootings that took place at the Navy Yard in DC weighing on our minds. Just after 3pm, Mac got called to report to work and go to DC to be part of a team being sent as additional support on the team. Nixon started to act out because he could sense the tension that both Mac and I suddenly had oozing from us. It was unintentional but it was a reaction to the unknown circumstances of the situation Mac was getting ready to go face.
   
* He called at 10pm, very briefly, he's safe and was taking a chow break. I'm going to bed and not taking photos tonight because I want Nixon to have a solid, uninterrupted night of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment