Friday, September 27, 2013

He's not picky, he loves all of me! And he's not afraid to tell me the parts that really take more to love.....

 

* I picked Nixon up from school today and his class was outside on the playground. Three little kids saw me, and immediately started yelling "Nixon, you're Mommy's here!". Apparently, according to another mother also picking up her son, they'd done the same thing to two other children when their moms came as well. 

* Another week of all good reports from Nixon's teachers! Two weeks in a row and I couldn't be happier! He's getting into the routine and really getting used to school.

* I took Nixon to a local bookstore having a Clifford the Big Red Dog book reading and appearance today. We got there just as Clifford was walking to his reading chair. Nixon saw him, said "hi" and waved, then decided he wanted to play at the train table instead.
   We left with a new My Little Pony book, to prevent a meltdown when I kept him away from the train table (there were lots of younger children there and a few less than attentive parents...one child in particular had thrown those small wooden magnetic trains at other kids multiple times, hitting one child in the back quite hard. The child was less than 2, but still the mother wasn't doing anything to correct or prevent the throwing, because she was too busy talking to other moms there)

* I told Nixon "I love you to pieces!" today. 
Nixon: You love my pieces?
me: Well, that's not what I said, but yes. I love you from the hair on your head to the toes on your feet!
Nixon: I love you pieces too, Mommy. All you pieces, even the stinky ones like you butt when you fart! 
me: Thanks kiddo!




No comments:

Post a Comment