Thursday, March 28, 2013

"I'm a big brave boy but I need my sleep"



* There's something about the movie BOLT that just sends Nixon to tears. Tonight it was the squeaker carrot toy. Nixon curled up on my lap crying because "Mr. Carrot" was sad and missed Bolt. He was a sad little boy for about 10 minutes all because of that squeaker carrot toy. Then, he starts crying at the end of the movie because he was so happy Bolt and Penny (the little girl) were together again.
He really is an emotional mess sometimes. But he's MY emotional mess.

* Nixon walked over to me, cocked his head sideways and just stared at me. It got a little creepy. I asked him of everything was okay and he said "Yeah. I'm just being a zombie." Then he walked away, only to do it all over again a couple more times.

* After Nixon went to bed, on time without a single fight. Less than 10 minutes later I hear him at the bedroom window saying "Excuse me, can you keep it down? I am trying to sleep it is bedtime now be quiet!" to the noisy passersby on the sidewalk below. I went upstairs to check on him and he says "Mommy, did you hear me? I was nice but they need to keep it down."
Of course, no one outside could hear him, but I wasn't going to take his pride away. He was adorable! Climbed right back into bed, under the covers and said "Mommy, I'm a big, brave boy. But I need my sleep too."  
Amber photobomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment