Friday, March 1, 2013

When in doubt...never underestimate the power of a really good bribe



* Nixon is still struggling with keeping his fingers out of his mouth. Today he asked for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (TMNT in the future...I am not typing that out all over again) action figure. I'm normally horrible at just buying him something, if I have the money, but I thought this might be a great time to make him work for it.
So, we struck up a deal:
If Nixon goes 7 days without being told to get his fingers out of his mouth, I will take him to get his TMNT toy. And I made it seem like it would be super awesome because he's earning it, like a big boy!  At one point today I caught him telling his fingers "NO! I want to be a big boy and big boys earn their toys! No fingers in the mouth!" Is he cute or what?!

Day 1 in the books without a single warning about 

No comments:

Post a Comment